Do you have a Logitech K800 Wireless Keyboard? Does the keyboard no longer hold a charge? Does the charge LED just flash red? In this article I’m going to show you how to fix it.
My K800 is at least four years old and the batteries will no longer hold a charge. Logitech never meant for the batteries in these keyboards to be user replaceable and doesn’t offer a replacement service.
The good news is that you can replace the batteries yourself. The K800 uses two NH-Mi rechargeable AA batteries. To change them.
- turn the keyboard power switch off
- turn the keyboard upside down
- use a small phillips head screwdriver to remove the screw holding the batter cover in place
- slide off the battery cover. It may be a little tight but it comes off
- remove the AA battery on the left. It comes out pretty easy
- remove the AA battery on the right. It has a tighter fit and their is some black plastic covering it
- replace the batteries. I used Duracell batteries. The one on the right is a little harder to insert but it will go in
- replace the battery cover on the keyboard. You may need to flex it a little to get it back in place
- put the screw back in
- turn the keyboard on and check to make sure that the K800 turns on
- you are done
Here is a link to the Duracell Rechargeable batteries on Amazon.
Duracell Rechargeable AA Batteries- http://amzn.to/2cbGgFu
Energizer Rechargeable AA Batteries – http://amzn.to/2bB3xVq
Logitech K800 Wireless Keyboard – http://amzn.to/2bRJ4Lt
I did want to say a few words about the Logitech K800. I own three of these keyboards and they are great. These keyboards are wireless and as you can see in the video the K800 is backlit so you can see the keys in the dark. Since the K800 is wireless, it uses a small USB wireless receiver, called the unifying receiver, that will let you pair multiple Logitech wireless devices with your Mac or PC. The keyboard uses Logitech’s propriety wireless technology, not Bluetooth, so you need to use the receiver.
I use my keyboards with both my PC and Mac. The keyboards work with both. I currently don’t even have the Logitech software installed on my computers. I am not sure if there is Mac software for them though as I initially set them up using Windows.
As I said in the video, some of my keyboards are over four years old and Logitech still makes this model so it must be a popular product.